For your safety, Heritage Humane Society requires that every volunteer be at least 12 years of age. Volunteers 12 to 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult who has also been through volunteer orientation. In order to keep everyone safe, volunteers 16 years and older are permitted to walk dogs.
- Complete an application and liability release form. (Volunteers 12-15 years old, please fill out the juvenile application and have a guardian sign the liability release form). If you are unable to print the application, you may pick one up at the shelter.
- Email your completed application to email@example.com or drop the application off at the shelter in order to be signed up for an upcoming volunteer orientation part 1. If emailing please scan your application and attach it to your email, pictures of applications will not be accepted. You will be notified of upcoming orientations after your application has been reviewed. Pre-registration for orientation is required because space is limited.
- Attend orientation part 1 at the Heritage Humane Society.
- Complete 10 hours of volunteer work that is not directly working with the animals like cleaning cat cages, helping with dishes, or folding laundry.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org once you have completed your 10 hours of volunteering to be signed up for orientation part 2. Pre-registration is required because space is limited.
- Attend orientation part 2 at the Heritage Humane Society.
- Choose which areas you would like to help with:
- Dog/Cat Socialization (includes walking, playing, and petting the animals)
- Special Events
- Shelter Maintenance
- Humane Education
- Mobile Outreach Programs (includes adoption programs)
- Foster Care
- Hold a “wish list” drive
- Take a tour with your scout troop, youth group or school
- Attend Animal Camp
- Collect money for the shelter by running a lemonade stand or garage sale.
|August 7, 2017||
August 8, 2017
August 8, 2017 –
Please join us by listening to Wmbg AM740 from 9:15 am till 9:45 am for our Pet of the Week.
August 9, 2017
August 9, 2017 –
515 Scotland Street
Williamsburg, VA 23185
The Heritage Humane Society Auxiliary (HHSA) has been a vital part of the Heritage Humane Society (HHS) for over 20 years. As a standing committee of the HHS, we continually seek to develop and present numerous and varied fundraising events to support the shelter while creating community awareness and education about all HHS services.
Our members willingly donate their time, energy and other resources in response to the needs of HHS and its commitment to humane care and professional treatment for all injured, ill, stray or unwanted animals. We offer a social structure where members work together on fundraising projects, network and have fun through events and informal gatherings.
HHSA members meet at the Williamsburg Library at 10:15 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. We welcome anyone interested in learning more about HHSA to attend our monthly meeting or, for more information, please call (757) 221-0150 or email email@example.com. We sponsor numerous fundraising events every year raising more than $100,000 with all proceeds helping fund operating expenses of the HHS Shelter caring for homeless pets.
August 10, 2017
August 10, 2017 All Day
Join us for the next visit of the Virginia Beach SPCA Neuter Scooter. We have limited appointments for low cost spay neuter surgeries, so call ahead to book your reservation is this is a service you need for your pet.
Also, each visit, they host a low cost clinic hour from 11-12 p.m. During the walk-up vaccine clinic, they offer canine and feline rabies and combo vaccine, medical tests, flea and tick treatments, dewormer and microchips! For the vaccine clinic, you need to arrive at Heritage Humane Society between 10:30 and 11 a.m. to select and pay for the services, then get in line to be seen by the vet. They return to surgeries right at 12 p.m. so be sure to arrive no later than by 11:45 a.m. for this great opportunity for low cost vaccines.
Call the shelter at (757) 221-0150 to find out more or to secure your appointment slot.
|August 11, 2017||August 12, 2017||August 13, 2017|