For your safety, Heritage Humane Society requires that every volunteer be at least 12 years of age. Volunteers 12 to 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult who has also been through volunteer orientation. In order to keep everyone safe, volunteers 16 years and older are permitted to walk dogs.
- Complete an application and liability release form. (Volunteers 12-15 years old, please fill out the juvenile application and have a guardian sign the liability release form). If you are unable to print the application, you may pick one up at the shelter.
- Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop the application off at the shelter in order to be signed up for an upcoming volunteer orientation part 1. If emailing please scan your application and attach it to your email, pictures of applications will not be accepted. You will be notified of upcoming orientations after your application has been reviewed. Pre-registration for orientation is required because space is limited.
- Attend orientation part 1 at the Heritage Humane Society.
- Complete 10 hours of volunteer work that is not directly working with the animals like cleaning cat cages, helping with dishes, or folding laundry.
- Email email@example.com once you have completed your 10 hours of volunteering to be signed up for orientation part 2. Pre-registration is required because space is limited.
- Attend orientation part 2 at the Heritage Humane Society.
- Choose which areas you would like to help with:
- Dog/Cat Socialization (includes walking, playing, and petting the animals)
- Special Events
- Shelter Maintenance
- Humane Education
- Mobile Outreach Programs (includes adoption programs)
- Foster Care
- Hold a “wish list” drive
- Take a tour with your scout troop, youth group or school
- Attend Animal Camp
- Collect money for the shelter by running a lemonade stand or garage sale.
|March 20, 2017||
March 21, 2017
March 21, 2017 –
Please join us by listening to Wmbg AM740 from 9:15 am till 9:45 am for our Pet of the Week.
March 22, 2017
March 22, 2017 All Day
We are excited to say that our shelter is undergoing some major improvements so will be closed to the public while we make our facility the best it can be.
|March 23, 2017||March 24, 2017||
March 25, 2017
March 25, 2017 –
Join our team for a Yard Sale to benefit the homeless pets in our community. We will have items for pets and people, household items and so much more.
Do you have items to donate? Please email YardSale@heritagehumanesociety.org or call (757) 221-0150 and ask for Diana.
Items will be accepted from March 13 - March 24. If you have questions, please email a photo and/or description of the item to the email address above. We are in search of gently used items (not clothing) that will be easy to transport by the buyer. Also, we are looking for tents and tables to use for the day.
|March 26, 2017|