For your safety, Heritage Humane Society requires that every volunteer be at least 12 years of age. Volunteers 12 to 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult who has also been through volunteer orientation. In order to keep everyone safe, volunteers 16 years and older are permitted to walk dogs.
- Complete an application and liability release form. (Volunteers 12-15 years old, please fill out the juvenile application and have a guardian sign the liability release form). If you are unable to print the application, you may pick one up at the shelter.
- Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop the application off at the shelter in order to be signed up for an upcoming volunteer orientation part 1. If emailing please scan your application and attach it to your email, pictures of applications will not be accepted. You will be notified of upcoming orientations after your application has been reviewed. Pre-registration for orientation is required because space is limited.
- Attend orientation part 1 at the Heritage Humane Society.
- Complete 10 hours of volunteer work that is not directly working with the animals like cleaning cat cages, helping with dishes, or folding laundry.
- Email email@example.com once you have completed your 10 hours of volunteering to be signed up for orientation part 2. Pre-registration is required because space is limited.
- Attend orientation part 2 at the Heritage Humane Society.
- Choose which areas you would like to help with:
- Dog/Cat Socialization (includes walking, playing, and petting the animals)
- Special Events
- Shelter Maintenance
- Humane Education
- Mobile Outreach Programs (includes adoption programs)
- Foster Care
- Hold a “wish list” drive
- Take a tour with your scout troop, youth group or school
- Attend Animal Camp
- Collect money for the shelter by running a lemonade stand or garage sale.
|May 14, 2018||
May 15, 2018
May 15, 2018 –
Please join us by listening to Wmbg AM740 from 9:15 am till 9:45 am for our Pet of the Week.
|May 16, 2018||May 17, 2018||May 18, 2018||
May 19, 2018
May 19, 2018 –
Join Holiday Chevrolet for the 2nd Annual Pet Adoption Celebration!
Whether you have a pet, want a pet or just want to have some fun! Plenty of food, shopping and activities (even a bounce house).
Plenty of freebies will be handed out all day including some Holiday Chevrolet Holiday Swag Items. Donations to shelters are appreciated.
|May 20, 2018|