For your safety, Heritage Humane Society requires that every volunteer be at least 12 years of age. Volunteers 12 to 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult who has also been through volunteer orientation. In order to keep everyone safe, volunteers 16 years and older are permitted to walk dogs.
- Complete an application and liability release form. (Volunteers 12-15 years old, please fill out the juvenile application and have a guardian sign the liability release form). If you are unable to print the application, you may pick one up at the shelter.
- Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop the application off at the shelter in order to be signed up for an upcoming volunteer orientation part 1. If emailing please scan your application and attach it to your email, pictures of applications will not be accepted. You will be notified of upcoming orientations after your application has been reviewed. Pre-registration for orientation is required because space is limited.
- Attend orientation part 1 at the Heritage Humane Society.
- Complete 10 hours of volunteer work that is not directly working with the animals like cleaning cat cages, helping with dishes, or folding laundry.
- Email email@example.com once you have completed your 10 hours of volunteering to be signed up for orientation part 2. Pre-registration is required because space is limited.
- Attend orientation part 2 at the Heritage Humane Society.
- Choose which areas you would like to help with:
- Dog/Cat Socialization (includes walking, playing, and petting the animals)
- Special Events
- Shelter Maintenance
- Humane Education
- Mobile Outreach Programs (includes adoption programs)
- Foster Care
- Hold a “wish list” drive
- Take a tour with your scout troop, youth group or school
- Attend Animal Camp
- Collect money for the shelter by running a lemonade stand or garage sale.
|February 27, 2017||February 28, 2017||March 1, 2017||March 2, 2017||March 3, 2017||March 4, 2017||March 5, 2017|
|March 6, 2017||March 7, 2017||March 8, 2017||March 9, 2017||March 10, 2017||March 11, 2017||March 12, 2017|
|March 13, 2017||March 14, 2017||March 15, 2017||March 16, 2017||
March 17, 2017
March 17, 2017 All Day
Heritage Humane Society is excited to partner with Neuter Scooter and Virginia Beach SPCA this Friday to provide low cost spay / neuter services to our community. There is also a walk-up vaccine clinic from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. If you are interested, or know someone else in need of services, please call (757) 221-0150 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Our team can provide more information or secure your reservation. There is even a Community Cat Program.
Thank you for helping us spread the word. Getting animals fixed is so important to our over-population issues in our community. Please call or email info@heritagehumanesociety
Advance reservations are required for low cost surgery, so please do not delay. Thank you!
|March 18, 2017||March 19, 2017|
|March 20, 2017||March 21, 2017||
March 22, 2017
March 22, 2017 All Day
We are excited to say that our shelter is undergoing some major improvements so will be closed to the public while we make our facility the best it can be.
|March 23, 2017||March 24, 2017||March 25, 2017||March 26, 2017|
|March 27, 2017||March 28, 2017||March 29, 2017||March 30, 2017||March 31, 2017||April 1, 2017||April 2, 2017|